EmuNand and Neek2o Made EasyA Super Noob Friendly GuideThe Following info is for the real Wii and NOT for WiiU/vWiiThe Emunands made this way can also be used by other USB loaders such as USBL-GX, CFG and Postloader
After doing lots of testing I thought I should share this info:
Why do I need Neek?
Nand mode in Wiiflow allows users to launch their favorite Wiiware/VC games installed on their Real Nand or on an EmuNand (on SD or USB)
Since the Wii has such a tiny internal memory 512MB, install WW on the real nand and you’ll be faced by lack of nand space very soon, copying or moving WW/VC channels to SD is always an option but again free space issues will arise when using SDs with small capacities like 2GB or less. So you wish you can move them to USB HDD but that’s not a straight forward option.
That’s where Neek comes into the picture (thanks to Crediar) and offers the following features:
1. Store your games on SD or USB
2. Store as many as you wish as long as you have free space
3. Play out of region games
4. Use cheats
5. Play games on different Wii
6. Test themes and custom channels
7. Play GC and Triiforce games in addition to Wii games and WW/VC
Neek2o is a mod of Neek by obcd and overjoy that added many features and allowed customization and ability to use neek off USB device with no SD inserted.
Can I use Neek2o in Wiiflow?
Wiiflow-mod by Fix94 & co uses Neek2o to launch WW/VC in addition to old triforce cIOS bases technique this requires a recent rev of Wiiflow (v4.0 is coming soon) and neek2o rev90+ (latest is 93)
Is Neek2o mode really needed? I can use the regular mode just fine!
in 90+% of the time you’ll be fine but some games really need this to work (castlevania rebirth, rubik’s rush, swords and soldires, target toss pro bags, Zelda majora’s mask….)
So, how can I setup neek2o?
This is the easiest way to make a Neek2o Nand for your favorite USB loaders especially for WiiFlow 4.1+ or Postloader 4+
Here’s a premade Emunand:
You’ll also need:
WiiXplorer rev241: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?03lbcg9gosobsmd
Showmiiwads v1.4: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1qgn27tse44c07z
Region Free Hacks, Postloader and Wiiflow Forwarder and Hidden Channel v2 are already installed.
Premade Emunand Setup:
1. Extract Fresh_Emunand_4.3(E)_or(U)_Uneek_DI_rev95.7z to get “SD_Files” and “USB_Files” folders
2. SD Files are optional to be used with bootmii IOS
3. Copy the content of “USB_Files” i.e. “Sneek” and “Nands” folders to the root of a Fat32 32k cluster formatted USB HDD (after running a scandisk to make sure it’s free of errors)
4. Make sure you have Wiixplorer rev241 in your “apps” folder on SD or USB
5. Connect your HDD to the Wii and start WiiXplorer from the Homebrew channel
6. Select “Nand” as the source and copy “shared2” folder by pressing the “+” button on it/select copy
7. Select USB (Fat32 partition where your neek files are) as Source and go to “Nands” >> “Pln2o” then click “+” and select paste
This will copy your “shared2” folder with your Wii settings, Wiimote info, Network info to the new Emunand
8. Your Emunand is ready you can use it with Neek2o Channel, WiiFlow and Postloader for Neek2o mode and with all loaders for savegame Emulation
9. Use showmiiwads to fill the new nand with games and stuff (select the Nand Path in Options, then select your Wads folder and extract them “to Nand”)
10. Make sure you write the correct path in wiiflow.ini, it should look like this:
P.S. All screenshots are available below if you get stuck 🙂
Congrats you have a working neek2o nand with all your games
To make a similar nand manually follow these steps:
1. build a uneek+di nand using ModMii use rev95
A. Open Modmii and type “S” for Sneek installation
B. Type “3” for All of the above
C. Select 95 i.e. type “1”
D. Uneek+DI i.e. type “UD”
E. Default Settings i.e. type “D”
F. Again Default Settings i.e. type “D” a second time
G. Select your region type U, E, J, or K
H. type 4.3
I. Postloader channel – type “Y” (this is optional)
J. cIOS 249 type “N” – Not needed
K. NMM – No type “N”
L. Priiloader – No not needed – type “N”
M. For serial number you can either type “D” for default or type the one fond on your Wii console
N. Theme is optional- you can type “N” for default boring theme
O. Ninty’s Channels are also optional – You can type “N”
P. You have reached the final screen – now if you want to installs WAD files like forwarder channels, Wiiware or VC games copy the wads to \ModMii\Temp\WAD folder before making the nand. I recommend installing Wiiflow v14b forwarder, Wiiflow Loader Hidden Channel v2 and any WiiWare/VC games you want to play
Q. Finally type”Y” for Yes do it now!
Tip: If you made the emunand without installing the wads you can add the wads later to the emu nand using ModMii or ShowMiiwads.
To do so open showmiiwads
and select the nand backup path under options:
then open the folder containing your WADS i.e. forwarders and WW games
Right click the ones you wanna copy to the emunand and select “extract to nand”
You can select nand view to check the installed channels in case you want to delete games (via right click also)
2. Copy the content of “Copy_to_SD” and “Copy_to_USB” folders to your SD and USB accordingly (You need to format the USB device to FAT32 32k cluster size first)
“nands” folder and “sneek” folder that need to be placed on USB device root
3. Install official neek2o channel to your real Wii using a wad manager, to test the Emunand from system menu neek2o channel directly: get it from here http://code.google.c…/downloads/list
Tip: To update to latest Neek2o, here’s my Legal WiiFlow Masterpiece Mini Pack for you, contains WiiFlow r844mod, uNeek2o 95b4, some extras and forwarder channels:WARNING! Spoilers inside!
4. First time you’ll need to setup your nand and sync the wiimotes
Tip: if you get your wiimotes not synched in Emunand then open Neek2o Channel sync your wiimotes or just copy Sysconf from real nand “shared2\sys” folder to “\nands\pl_xx\shared2\sys\”
Tip: try to use same region & SM revision as your real nand and copy \shared2\ folder to the nands\pl_xx\ folder to skip step 4 (this also gets Network connection working on Emunand too)
folder using WiiXplorer rev235+ or extract sysconf file using third party apps such as Postloader4
Tip: It is recommended to copy “cert.sys” file from your extracted nand dump “sys” folder to neek2o nand “\nands\pl_xx\sys” folder. Because when this file is absent you can get an error messages telling you that “System Files are Corrupted” or something like that when trying to launch a game using WiiFlow
The following screenies will show you how to copy your cert.sys file and “shared2” folder to the emunand (This will skip the first boot setup and wiimote sync issues)
Grab Wiixplorer rev 241 from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?03lbcg9gosobsmd
extract this rar file to SD or USB root
Open the Homebrew Channel and load Wiixplorer
Go to Nand
Go to “Sys” folder and press “+” on cert.sys file, then select “copy”
Goto USB1 (or whatever partition you are using as Fat32) and go to you nands\plxxx\sys folder
click “+” then select “paste”
Now repeat the same steps for your “Shared2” folder, i.e. copy folder from nand to usb\nands\plxxx folder
5. If the Neek2o- Emunand works fine you’re ready to add more games using showmiiwads if you like
Congrats you have a working neek2o nand with all your games
Tip: When everything works fine, backup \sneek\nandcfg.bin and \nands\pl_xx\title00000010000002\data\settings.txt. You might need them to repair trouble later
Tip: you can also use a PC to set these 2 files to “read only” using file property or attrib command, this might prevent corruption
Tip: you can create as many nands as you want but one is really enough
Tip: I also recommend backing up both “Nands” and “sneek” folders to PC, this will be very useful when problems happen.
Then what? I want to use Wiiflow-mod to play my games.
Tip: open wiiflow.ini and edit the path to your emunand as follows
You’ll find this under [Nand]
path=/nands/pl_xx (replace xx by the letters you have)
Open Wiiflow-mod or Wiiflow 4 and go to nand/channels mode, select emunand from source menu or press “B” on the mode button (once or twice)
Your games should appears and now you can download the covers and preview the banners
Start any game using default settings
If you face an issue with default launch mode, try “neek2o” launch option on last game settings page
Some titles will just blackscreen since they belong to different region, there’s nothing you can do here except get the game from your region or wait for a neek2o or apploader update
When I exit the game I’m back to SM on neek2o nand!?
This can happen and should be fixed was finally fixed in neek2o rev93
Tip: if you have this issue update Wiiflow to rev4.0.2 beta 712+ and neek2o to rev 93+
Can I start WF in neek2o mode and play all WW/VC from there?
sure you need v14b forwarder (here) and Wiiflow-Loader hidden channel to be installed on your Emunand
Start WF from neek2o or by using Exit to Neek2o option in real mode
Tip: disable neek2o option in neek2o mode before launching any wiiware no more needed
Tip: When you exit to neek2o, Wiiflow will run from USB\apps\wiiflow\boot.dol if present and if not there it will run SD\apps\Wiiflow\boot.dol
While when you run the official forwarder channel SD path is checked first.
Hence advanced users can use this to run two different wiiflow revisions (one on SD and one on USB) but I recommend just having Wiiflow in one location only
Update on how things work: Using Wiiflow rev 712+ and neek2o rev93+
1. Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in normal mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on real nand
2. Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in neek2o mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand
3. Start Wiiflow from Neek2o nand > Start any Wiiware in any mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand
4. To go back to real nand select “Exit to real nand” from Wiiflow exit menu
Tip: you can use all modes in Wiiflow running in neek2o mode
Tip: To make GameCube mode appear in neek2o mode edit [DML] section in wiiflow.ini and make this tiny change : “always_show_button=yes”
Tip: only limitation is that Wii wbfs games won’t load from NTFS partition
(but hopefully this will change in the future when support for all partition types will be added – thanks to OverjoY’s hard work)
More neek2o tips: http://gbatemp.net/t…r-neek2o-users/